Meet a few PACE Members of
The Alliance of Professional Health Advocates:
I've met so many people who have mistakes on their medical bills, and I know how to help them. What I don't know is how to run a business. APHA is helping me figure that out so I can turn it into my own business.
In the 11 years I helped my mother through her cancer diagnosis, I learned a lot about navigating the system. Now I want to determine if a career as an independent advocate is a good choice for me.
I spent 30 years as a nurse and now I want to earn some extra money in retirement as an advocate. Membership in APHA is a lifesaver. So many good resources. I will launch my new advocacy business soon.
Now we invite YOU to join them!
Patient Advocate Career Exploration
A PACE membership will help you determine what skills you need to establish a successful advocacy or care management practice, then get you started on learning them.
Do any of these describe you?
- Maybe you have assisted a friend or loved one, but do not have paid advocacy experience.
- You’re looking for a way to boost your advocacy resumé or gain more insight about this type of career.
- Perhaps you’ve been helping others for many years and now you want to figure out how to get paid for the help you provide in the future.
- You’ve worked in healthcare for many years, you’re thinking about retirement, but you want to stay active and keep helping patients…
If any of these sound like you, or if you are thinking about becoming a private, independent professional patient advocate but haven’t yet committed to the idea, then our PACE membership level is perfect for you. (Already committed? Check out our Premium Membership.)
There is no better investment in your career exploration!
A first year PACE Membership is $89.
PACE renewal = $59 per six months
(Note: If you live and work outside the US or Canada, then our PACE International Membership will be of more interest to you. )
Take a Tour of a PACE Membership
With an APHA PACE Membership, you can:
- Learn more about patient advocacy as a career, including educational opportunities.
- Find resources for business planning, health advocate liability insurance, business formation, marketing, client services, legal concepts, and more.
- Network with others through the APHA Connect! Discussion Forum: from experienced advocates who are already working with patient-clients, to those who are just thinking about the possibility, to those who have begun putting their practices together.
- Participate in Expert Teleconferences and Webinars on a variety of topics that let you ask questions of experts in the field.
- Join Special Interest Groups like Medical Billing and Claims, Physicians as Advocates, Lawyers as Advocates and others.
- Receive discounts and special offers from APHA partners.
- Enjoy free and discounted advocacy courses at the PracticeUP!Online education website.
- Be alerted FIRST when new opportunities are offered from outside groups and vendors.
- Receive tips and updates about advocacy business practices, the career itself, and the APHA site through our weekly membership newsletter.
- See a master list of benefits compared to other APHA membership levels.
- Are you a member of NAHAC, or trying to decide which one to join? Here’s a comparison of these two professional organizations.
Still Not Sure?
Here are more tools to help you decide:
Read this book:
So You Want to Be a Patient Advocate? Choosing a Career in Health or Patient Advocacy