Here’s your next podcast!
Is Independent Advocacy Right for ME?
A heads up…. see the bonus below!
5 – Are There Jobs for Independent Advocates
(7 minutes 48 seconds)
(A <right-click> on a PC, or a <command-click> on a Mac will let you download this podcast to your computer or mobile device. Use “Save as” or “Save link as”. Saving it to your computer or device will improve the sound quality since listening in your browser may make it sound “tinny.”)
Being an independent advocate looks like hard work. It would be much easier just to get someone to hire me to do the advocacy I want to do. So how can I get a job as a patient advocate? Or how can I get reimbursement for the work I do?
Return to this page for additional links and resources (below.)
- Transcript for this Podcast
- Understanding the Allegiance Factor (course – free)
- The VITAL Piece of Information the Press – and Many Patients AND Advocates – Are Missing (blog post)
- The Job Landscape for Private, Independent Patient or Health Advocates or Navigators (article)
- Getting a Job as a Patient Advocate (article – good overview. Note that opportunities are mostly out of date, and cannot be updated.)
- Insurance Reimbursements for Patient Advocates? (blog post)
- Should Insurance Provide Reimbursement to Independent Advocates? (blog post)
You can also return to the previous podcasts in the series:
Your next podcast
will be delivered in two days.
Watch for it!*
If you don’t receive it, please email us and we’ll be sure to get it to you right away. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
*If you just can’t wait, don’t forget, you can join APHA and access the entire series immediately!
And now, it’s time to:
You’ll have immediate access to all six podcasts and their lists of resources.
In addition, (upon request) you’ll receive a full refund on the purchase of this podcast series.
Plus! A Bonus!
We will add one full month onto your membership to give you more time to explore your new opportunities for being an independent health or patient advocate.
New members get 13 months for the price of 12.
Further, don’t forget, you’ll also be eligible for the full list of benefits we provide to members.
Find the full list of member benefits here.