Here’s your next podcast!
Is Independent Advocacy Right for ME?
A heads up…. see the bonus below!
3 – What Background and Credentials Do I Need to Be an Advocate?
(10 minutes 8 seconds)
(A <right-click> on a PC, or a <command-click> on a Mac will let you download this podcast to your computer or mobile device. Use “Save as” or “Save link as”. Saving it to your computer or device will improve the sound quality since listening in your browser may make it sound “tinny.”)
Do I need to be a nurse or a doctor? Do I need a degree or certificate? Do I need to be licensed or certified?
Return to this page for additional links and resources (below.)
- Transcript for this Podcast
- Patient Advocate Certification Board Exam Requirements
- Is Advocacy Certification Right for You? (course)
- How Can I Be a Nurse and a Non-Medical Advocate, Too? (podcast)
- Do I Have to Be a Nurse to Be a Patient Advocate? (blog post)
- Remembering the Mean Girls (blog post)
- Revisiting the Mean Girls (blog post)
- Licensed, Certified, Uppercase, lowercase: Where Are You? (blog post)
You can also return to the previous podcasts in the series:
Your next podcast
will be delivered in two days.
Watch for it!*
If you don’t receive it, please email us and we’ll be sure to get it to you right away. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
*If you just can’t wait, don’t forget, you can join APHA and access the entire series immediately!
And now, it’s time to:
Join the Alliance (APHA)!
You’ll have immediate access to all six podcasts and their lists of resources.
In addition, (upon request) you’ll receive a full refund on the purchase of this podcast series.
Plus! A Bonus!
We will add one full month onto your membership to give you
more time to explore your new opportunities
for being an independent health or patient advocate.
New members get 13 months for the price of 12.
Further, don’t forget, you’ll also be eligible for the full list of benefits we provide to members.
Find the full list of member benefits here.