Whether you have been in practice for many years, or you’re just getting started and wish to learn more about independent* professional patient advocacy, navigation, or care management as a career, we will welcome you as a member of The Alliance of Professional Health Advocates.
As the premier support organization for independent* patient / health advocacy and care management professionals in the United States and Canada, APHA provides the education, support, and resources you need to help you get started, then grow your practice and thrive.
You’re here in time for our Summer Extended Membership Sale for PACE Memberships!
Join us! Let us support your knowledge and resource needs for:
- Legal Needs (contracts, business formation, forms)
- Insurance for your practice (liability, errors & omissions)
- Financial (from bookkeeping to pricing your services)
- Marketing (websites, brochures, PR, social media and more)
- Education (choosing programs)
- Networking / Discussion Forum (robust conversations with other advocates)
- Technology (applications, management)
- Diagnostic, treatment, and care resources for clients.
- Access to experts on every topic through live calls, webinars, and podcasts.
- And much more!
- Congratulations to the first cohort of certified patient advocates! Learn more from the PACBoard.
- The APHA Summits are here! Your opportunity to connect with others who share your interests in San Diego, Newark, Chicago, and Orlando. Join us!
- Read about APHA in the New York Times
- Mentors are available to help you! Read their advice.
- These patients have requested help. Can you help them?
- Upcoming APHA Expert Conference Calls
- Need a speaker? The AdvoConnection Speaker’s Bureau
APHA members are
and Cost Management
Health and Patient Advocates
Health and Patient Navigators
Medical Bill Reviewers & Negotiators
Insurance Claims Specialists
Elder Care Professionals
Health Insurance Advisors
Healthcare Related Mediators
Disability and Legal Advisors
Guardians or Conservators
Nursing Home Advisors
Health and Fitness Coaches
… and many more independent health system advisors.
An independent, professional advocate's allegiance, advice, and assistance are focused solely on the wants and needs of patient-clients and families who hire them, unlike hospital, pharmaceutical, or insurance company advocates whose organizations have vested interests in profiting from patient care.(This is called the Allegiance Factor.)