Whether you have been in practice for many years, or you’re just getting started and wish to learn more about independent* professional patient advocacy, navigation, or care management as a career, we will welcome you as a member of The Alliance of Professional Health Advocates.
As the premier support organization for independent* patient / health advocacy and care management professionals in the United States and Canada, APHA provides the education, support, and resources you need to help you get started, then grow your practice and thrive.
Join us! Let us support your knowledge and resource needs for:
- Legal Needs (contracts, business formation, forms)
- Insurance for your practice (liability, errors & omissions)
- Financial (from bookkeeping to pricing your services)
- Marketing (websites, brochures, PR, social media and more)
- Client Acquisition (moving from discussion to contract)
- Education (choosing programs)
- Networking / Discussion Forum (robust conversations with other advocates)
- Technology (applications, management)
- Diagnostic, treatment, and care resources for clients.
- Access to experts on every topic through live calls, webinars, and podcasts.
- Discounts on advocacy and care management related services and products, including sister-site PracticeUP! Online
- And much more!
- These patients need you. Can you help them?
- New! Find online courses and tips to help you build your practice: Practice UP! Online
- More newly certified patient advocates! Learn more from the PACBoard.
- Read about our expert advocate members In the News
- Read about APHA in the New York Times
- Mentors are available to help you! Read their advice.
- Upcoming APHA Expert Conference Calls
- Need a speaker? The AdvoConnection Speaker’s Bureau
APHA members are
and Cost Management
Health and Patient Advocates
Health and Patient Navigators
Medical Bill Reviewers & Negotiators
Insurance Claims Specialists
Elder Care Professionals
Health Insurance Advisors
Healthcare Related Mediators
Disability and Legal Advisors
Guardians or Conservators
Nursing Home Advisors
Health and Fitness Coaches
… and many more independent health system advisors.
An independent, professional advocate's allegiance, advice, and assistance are focused solely on the wants and needs of patient-clients and families who hire them, unlike hospital, pharmaceutical, or insurance company advocates whose organizations have vested interests in profiting from patient care.(This is called the Allegiance Factor.)