As the premier support organization for independent* patient / health advocacy and care management professionals in the United States, Canada, and other countries around the world, APHA provides the education, support, and resources you need to help you get started, then grow and thrive.
Business and client services support include legal, insurance, financial, contracts, marketing, education, technology and networking with hundreds of care professionals, plus diagnostic, care, and treatment resources to support our members’ clients.
Whether you have been in practice for many years, or you’re just getting started and wish to learn more about independent* professional patient advocacy, navigation, or care management as a career, we will welcome you as a member of The Alliance of Professional Health Advocates.
What is independent health and patient advocacy and care management?
- The APHA Summits are here! Your opportunity to connect with others who share your interests in San Diego, Newark, Chicago, and Orlando. Join us!
- Patient Advocate Certification is available! Read more from the Patient Advocate Certification Board.
- Mentors are available to help you! Read their advice.
- Read about APHA in the New York Times
- Can you help these patients?
- Upcoming APHA Expert Conference Calls
- Need a speaker? The AdvoConnection Speaker’s Bureau
APHA members are
and Cost Management
Health and Patient Advocates
Health and Patient Navigators
Medical Bill Reviewers
Elder Care Professionals
Health Insurance Advisors
Disability and Legal Advisors
Guardians or Conservators
Nursing Home Advisors
Health and Fitness Coaches
… and many more independent health system advisors.
An independent, professional advocate's allegiance, advice, and assistance are focused solely on the wants and needs of patient-clients and families who hire them, unlike hospital, pharmaceutical, or insurance company advocates whose organizations have vested interests in profiting from patient care. Read more about the Allegiance Factor.